- Binance has been under heavy scrutiny for the past week since the CFTC claimed that Binance had breached its trading and derivatives rules.
- CryptoSlate did a deep dive into Binance’s proof of reserves (POR), which refers to the on-chain reserves officially disclosed by exchanges.
- Bitcoin reserves have increased by almost 70,000 BTC; the ETH balance is fairly flat YTD.
- The three main stablecoins have seen a reduced allocation on Binance’s POR since the start of the year.
- BUSD has dropped by over $6 billion, USDC has dropped by 600 million, and USDT has dropped by 1.8 billion.
- As the macro environment is expected to face further turbulence, extra allocation towards Bitcoin would represent a superior war chest for Binance.
The post Binance maintains steady Ethereum reserves, ramps up Bitcoin holdings appeared first on CryptoSlate.